Friday, May 14, 2010

what if God was chalet sauce?

BLASPHEMY ALERT? More like BLASPHUNNY ALERT.

Today I got that stupid 'What if God was One of Us?' Joan Osbourne song in my head. This annoyed me at first, but then I started thinking, hang on, me. Whatever God is, it's true that he could be anywhere, or anything. He could even be... Swiss Chalet Sauce.

And then, almost instantly, my brain made up this song:


If God had a taste, what would it be
And would you eat it in your face
If you were faced with it in all its glory
What would you ask for if you had just one dipping option

And yeah yeah God is great tasting yeah yeah God is good tasting
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was chalet sauce
Just a blob of chalet sauce
Just a delicious sauce for chicken
Trying to make its way home
And by home I mean my tummy

If God had a taste, what would it taste like
And would you want to eat
If eating meant that you would have to believe
In things like flavour and in jesus and his special combo of spices

And yeah yeah god is great tasting yeah yeah god is good tasting
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was chalet sauce
Just a blob of chalet sauce
Just a delicious sauce for chicken
Trying to make its way home
Its trying to make its way home
Into my tummy all alone
Until I ate some chicken
Then it wouldn't feel so lone(ly)

-repeat until it gets old-

Because I don't have photoshop right now I can't create a godly bowl of sauce. Otherwise this post is my crowning glory.